viernes, 26 de febrero de 2016

I manifest

I believe in the strength of artistic movement, of artistic language.
To write, to paint, to say or to dance are ways to create language that I do not classify in any hierarchy. Our socio-cultural tradition has always awarded more importance to the spoken language, but my wish is to emphasize an expression of the body without falling in the dualism of a separation body-mind or body-voice. Indeed, with the dichotomous thought, body and mind have occupied places of opposite and the body always has carried the worst part. Besides, in our binary tradition, we always tend to separate word and action, text and gesture, mind and body, but how can we make them come together?

For me the arts are the investigation of questions such as this one, and many more. It does not try to give fixed answers, but open new ways, share in research and gather poetry, humor, irony and critical thought.
The arts are also a way for people to get involved and participate as well as understand their world and society. 

In my work I believe in the human body as a vector of communication, using the cultural diversity of each one, at all ages. I aim to value the woman's and the man's body creating with it, and to make it come together with the text, the music, the light, the props etc.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario